You Need the following patch
0) Configure a virtual machine with access to the CDROM drive and with
a virtual/plain disk that it can use to store its MS-DOS boot files and
its NetWare partition [which contains the SYS volume] configure in vm
primary master DISK "LBA Mode COntrol" to DISABLE.
1) Use a MS-DOS v6.x bootable floppy disk to get started. Boot the
virtual machine from the floppy disk.
2) Manually create the DOS partition on the hard drive. Format the
partition, make it bootable and copy in the required MS-DOS files and
modify autoexec.bat for dosidle autostart.
3) Install Novell 3.12 how do you want, at question
"DO YOU WANT SPECIFY ANY SPECIAL STARTUP COMMANDS?" asnwer NO
"DO YOU WANT AUTOEXEC.BAT to load SERVER.EXE ?" asnwer NO
now shutdown netware and go to dos (Write DOWN and after EXIT on
4) now copy the extract cdup5a.exe file in novell dos directory
5) create C:\SERVER.312\STARTUP.NCF
SET AUTO REGISTER MEMORY ABOVE 16 MEGABYTES = OFF
SET RESERVED BUFFERS BELOW 16 MEG = 200
LOAD IDEATA PORT=1F0 INT=E
6) Manually start SERVER.EXE, the system load the IDEATA.HAM driver ,
specifying the proper interrupt and I/O port information for the IDE
controllers in the VM. the drive load twice to
support emulated IDE devices on both the primary and secondary IDE
adapters in the VM.
Don't worry about warning you need other library for silent warning
7) Insert a file name server and an IPX network number
Load INSTALL.NLM and manually create the NetWare
partition(s) and the SYS volume.
8) Once you have the SYS volume mounted, you can go about using
INSTALL.NLM to copy the rest of the server files from the installation
media. I enabled CDROM support to do this and completed the
installation using the CDROM mounted as a NetWare volume. However, you
could leave a DOS CDROM driver and MSCDEX loaded and just access the
installation CDROM via a drive letter such as D:.
9) uncompress odig33.exe and copy
after Copy pcntnw.lan e pcntw.ldi ( AMD Network Driver) in c:\server.312
Start server and add to AUTOEXEC.CNF
load c:\server.312\pcntnw slot=2
BIND IPX TO pcntnw NET=xxxx
10) copy nw4-idle.nlm in SYS:\SYSTEM and modify AUTOEXEC.CNF to load
11) Install the follow patch (follow instraction)
11) Be sure to get the NW4-IDLE.NLM file and load it on the 3.x server
to keep the VM from consuming 100% of the host CPU while the NetWare
server is idle.
Home | Linux /etc file | Common Linux Commands Used on the Service Console | .vmx Parameters | How Convert Physical to Virtual | Deploy Terminal Server assigning C: to user and move profile on E: | How To: install Novell Netware 3.x on VMware | Linux, Clocks, and Time | Configuring a Cron Task | ISO image | Using VMKFSTOOLS intead of CP | NetBackup | VMTS.net is Alive | NetWorker | TSM