- Select the destination folder
- Start the installation
- Congratulation you finish the setup wizard
- Now go to Start and find on start menu VMTS Patch
Manager and launch it
- Now you are ready for the VMTS Patch Manager
- Here, you can define the default user allowed to
connect to your ESX server.
You can choose to use the root user or another one.
You are not enforced to use a default use, instead you can choose to
use a user and a password for each server.
Note: If you choose a non root user all ssh session will be
done from the specified user, followed by su -
command, so you have to digit the root password also
- You have to set your IP address from the combo
box, you can choose the automatic startup also.
- Now the most important setting, the proxy
configuration, here you can choose between ----Autodetect:
use the wpad dns record
-Manually: you set the proxy address
-No Proxy: direct connection
-Use IE configuration: use the default IE
Note: Use IE Configuration and Autodetect
doesn't keep user and password settings, you can use it only if your
proxy support NTML settings or your proxy doesn't require
- Congratulation you just finish the wizard, now
you continue with the Virtual Center logon
- Well done now try to connect to your Virtual
Note: your account have to be an administrator
- Now you are connected.
On your left you can see your ESX host on the right the ESX patch
installed on your host
Note: you have to click the update button before you can see
something like this.
- End Part1
Home | VPM Quick Start Guide | VPM Sample Manual